Thursday, January 5, 2012

whoops!

It suddenly occurred to me last night (in the middle of the night) that I had forgotten to post yesterday. It's going to take me a little bit of time to get used to this blog every day goal...whoops!
I worked half day yesterday and came home and got to work immediately sitting on the couch and dinking around on my Tiny Tower game. I built floors, stocked imaginary stores and in between that I played Spider Solitaire. What a busy life I have. Then I felt guilty and dragged my butt off the couch and cleaned our bathroom, ran more laundry and cooked dinner.

I had today off and it was Brett's birthday, so I decided I needed to walk outdoors. We have had the most gorgeous weather. It scares me for what's in store. I am not stupid enough to believe we are not going to have a winter. I believe that Mother Nature has something up her sleeve and it's going to be a B%$^#. I dragged Brett with me and we walked for half an hour. When we walk, he starts to chat about science, the universe, God, homosexuality, gay rights, and religion. It is amazing to me how his mind works. When I am not thinking about anything, my mind wanders to frivolous stuff like art, what to cook for dinner, etc. Not Brett!! He tries to solve scientific questions and wrap his mind around things like space travel, the Big Bang theory and how chemicals react. It makes me feel like such a dope.

Then we went to the library to pick out quilting patterns because I have all this fabric that I am going to make into a quilt for him for his birthday. We also went to Ream's and bought him a birthday cake. He picked it out. As we were walking into the store, I started talking to him in a really nasally, obnoxious voice, "Now, don't just fall in love with the first cake you see. We're going to look around and find the best cake for you..." Meanwhile, Brett was moaning and saying, "Mom, please..." A guy standing outside of the Redbox kiosk was watching and just smiling at us.

I worked on the quilt that I bought with Brett's gift certificate. Then my sewing machine started to act poopy. Robby was sitting next to me working on his computer. Every time I growled, he would say, "What?!" and I would tell him how frustrated I was. Pretty soon HE was frustrated too. So I decided to take a break (after he recommended it!).

I went to pick Emeli up from school today after play practice. I pulled up in front of the school. She was there, leaning against one of the railings texting someone or maybe she was playing Tiny Tower. She did not see me and had her headphones on. I honked. No response. I honked again. No response. I got out of the car and yelled her name. No response. Finally, she drags her gaze up from her phone, sees me waving like an idiot and smiles. There was a girl standing a few feet away from Emeli who was smirking and kind of shaking her head. Emeli got in the car, laughing at herself. "No wonder that girl was looking at me weird." Yep, Emeli. What a dork.

No comments: