Saturday, January 21, 2012

snow...

It is finally snowing the way it should be in January. I'm not liking it, but at least I feel like the shoe has finally dropped. It has kind of freaked me out to have spring weather in January. I was afraid it would make for a LONG spring.

Today's question: Today I wish I had more...

Wow. Certainly NOT snow. I wish I had more energy. I have been dragging all day. Usually I talk Robby's ears off when we are driving around on a Saturday. Today, I just sat in the car and felt drained. A couple of times I caught him looking at me strangely.

I got into a nice fight with Emeli tonight. The other day Brett went to pick her up at Francesca's house and there were boys there. One of the "couples" was laying all over each other. I was not pleased. So tonight when she asked if she could go to Francesca's house, Brett piped up and asked who would be there. Emeli had left a list of who would be there and Brett had seen that list and he wanted me to know that boys would be there. So she told me that there would be two boys and three girls. She left out a few names of the others (boys, including the Eric I DO NOT like) that would be there. So I told her she would not be going. I started talking about how she thinks she is invulnerable to boys being stupid around her. I told her she thinks she can handle boys and nothing will happen to her. Emeli said she would never allow a boy to get her alone. Brett said, "So, let's have an arm wrestle right here." She said, "NO!" Then Brett said, "Okay, I will pin you down on the floor and show you how easily you can be pinned down." She didn't appreciate that. She put up her hand as if she was saying, "Talk to the hand." I was done with her doing that to me. She always does that and tonight was the last straw. I told her to go to her room for a while because I needed space from her because I was so irritated. She looked at me like I had just slapped her, but after stealing some chips and telling me she was starving, reluctantly went into her room. A few minutes later, she peeked out and slinked out to grab more chips. I told her to not act like I can't see her. She would go back to her room and her fifteen minutes would start all over again. Just like when she was a kid and left her room before her time out was over. She was genuinely shocked that I did that. Twit. She told me I was a nagging mother. I told her that that is what mothers do. It's part of my job description and if she doesn't like it, too bad.

Later, we dropped off the Harry Potter movie. It is snowing outside like crazy. We arrived home and pulled into the parking spot. We saw these teenage boys out running in the snow with their bathing suits on. They were scooping up snow. I turned to her and said, "They are going to make huge snowballs and take them back into the pool area and throw snowballs at each other in the pool." She turned to me with shock on her face and said, "How do you know that?!" I said, "Because I know boys." Sure enough, each boy got a huge snowball and went running into the pool area with them and proceeded to throw them at each other. She was really shocked that I would know that. She didn't appreciate that I tied that into our argument just a little while before that. Oh Emeli.

No comments: