Today was a nice day off from work. Cleaned out a ferret cage, cleaned the kitchen, did laundry, changed the sheets on the bed (my favorite thing is to go to bed at night in clean sheets!!!), did some art, started a quilt and now I am sitting.
This afternoon Emeli turned on the burner to boil some water in the tea kettle. She turned on the wrong burner. My glass Pyrex dish was on that burner and it got really hot. Emeli realized her mistake, picked up the dish with pot holders and the dish shattered in her hands and it fell on the floor. I was reading on the couch and heard her scream and a huge crash. The dish was so hot, wherever it landed, it burned the linoleum. I ran in and started helping her clean up. She was apologizing up and down. I told her to relax. It was just a dish. Worse things could have happened. A couple of hours later, she noticed that her big toe was cut and was bleeding pretty badly. She was very irritated because it had bled in her new slippers.
I feel restless. I always feel that way this time of year. I hate the after Christmas let down. January is my least favorite month. I'm just glad I don't work a lot this week. I work all day tomorrow and then half days for the rest of the week. For some reason, January just drags by.
Brett is working today and called home after he got to work. He had locked the keys in the car. Oh boy.
I am finally feeling a little better after that stupid flu. I wake up feeling crappy and after I get going, I feel better. On Friday and Saturday I was sick and working with a 100 degree temp. When I got home, I would just crash in bed. It was awful. On New Year's Eve, we were watching TV. I was lying on Robby's lap dozing. At midnight, Robby said, "Happy New Year, Sweetheart!" I just kind of mumbled back. I was feeling so crappy. What a way to spend New Year's Eve.
No comments:
Post a Comment