Tuesday, January 17, 2012

surprise Tuesday

So Robby surprised me with a fun outing. He told me last night he was taking me somewhere and I kept asking for hints, which really irritates him. So I do it again :D.

He took me to the Aquarium we have in Sandy. It's kind of not a big place, but it's packed with stuff. They will have a brand spanking new one in March 2013 and that promises to be amazing. I had told him how much I love the otter exhibit at the Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle. We just got otters at this aquarium, so he surprised me with that. Then, after, he indulged me and took me to my favorite quilting and scrap booking store. I didn't buy anything, but I just love looking. He goes next door to Maverick convenience store and buys strawberry milk and lets me browse to my heart's delight.

So for today's question: What are you grateful for?

Holy cow, this blog is not long enough for that. But I will say one thing that I am especially grateful for.

I am grateful to be a mother. I never wanted a career. I only wanted to be a mom. When my children came, they were everything to me. I would have killed for them. It was amazing when Taylor was born. Before he was born, I thought I would put him in daycare and just work and put Fred through school. As soon as he popped out, all plans for daycare went right out the window. I would never let someone else raise my baby. I wanted to be the one to protect him, see all his "firsts" and make sure he knew he was loved. Well meaning family members would tell me I held him too much. Nope. I have a strong belief that children should not have to wait in line until they are at least a year old. Before that, they don't understand why their needs are not being met. Being a mother is the best title I could ever have. I thank Heavenly Father every day that I am a mother. Not every woman gets to have that honor and I feel blessed that I can say that I am a mom. I know it was the reason for my creation and I take that job seriously. I will always be grateful that I was able to bear and raise my children. I wouldn't trade that for anything in the world.

No comments: