Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Wednesday

Not too hard of a day today because I was following first year residents. Very nice because I was kinda crampy and couldn't move too fast.

We went to Chef's Table for lunch. Wasatch Pain Management Clinic treated us MA's and receptionists to a lunch, which was yummy. Chef's Table is very pricey. It's about $60 a plate for each of us, PLUS, they gave us these cool little back packs with fun little gifts inside. I love free gifts from vendors.

Robby is on this stupid antibiotic that makes him nauseous. I called him today and he answered the phone in a tiny voice. He was just lying in bed resting because he felt so crappy.

Today's question: What is your favorite thing to drink?
I love chocolate milk. If I could drink chocolate milk all the time, I would. But I know it is SO fattening, so I rarely drink it. I also LOVE Diet Coke with lime. I love a huge, tall Diet Coke on ice. That is probably my real favorite thing to drink, even though it is so bad for me. Shari is always nagging me about drinking it, but I love it.

Snooki's twin came into the clinic today. She is probably about 4'10" without her high heels on. She could barely walk in them, either. I was mad at her because she was twenty minutes late and the doctor still saw her. That meant I would be coming home late, which pisses me off. She walks down the hall, barely able to walk in her stilt shoes and apologizes by saying, "Sorry I'm so slow. These shoes do not let me hurry." A part of me wanted to say, "Well, you stupid bitch, if you were able to walk in your skank high heels, you would be able to hurry. And, if you weren't late to your appointment, I wouldn't be trying to rush you to your room, either." But I can't say that, so I smile instead. Then she tells me that she has gained 65 pounds in the last year and that she has lower abdominal pain. I wanted to tell her that it's because she probably sits around getting high and has the munchies and that's why she has gained weight, but I refrain. The doctor ends up giving her a pelvic exam, which I have to be present for, so I have to see her whole pelvic area. She is obviously tanning because even her crotch is tan. I have to give her a pregnancy test because she thinks she might be pregnant and I'm thinking, "I hope, for the sake of the baby, that you are NOT!" She wasn't pregnant, thank goodness! She is only 18.

I was venting to Robby and telling him that girls like Snooki and the twit that came into the clinic today drag all womankind back about 300 or 400 years. All the hard work we women do to be respected for our minds and our hard work goes flying out the window when women like Snooki are watched on TV and are entertaining our young women. The fact that they are being imitated and glamorized just irritates the hell out of me. Okay, I'm done. Just sayin'...

No comments: