My little ferret, Teddy, died today. He has had diarrhea lately, but he would often get bouts of that and recover. He had a lump on the back of his neck, which is probably what killed him. I think he had cancer. Ferrets are notorious for getting cancer. He was the sweetest little thing. Every morning, he would be so excited to see Emeli and I come out to the kitchen. He would leap up and wait for us to let him out of the cage. The second he hit the ground, he would run to the food dish and start crunching his food. It was so cute.
Robby came to meet me for lunch. We were walking around the parking lot and he turned to me and quietly told me. I was shocked. I never expected that. Teddy was fine this morning when I left. He was kind of sleeping in his little hammock. That's not too unusual. But when Robby checked on him later, he was stiff. I loved little Teddy and I will miss him a lot. The one who will miss him the most, though, is Bandit. He and Bandit always snuggled together at night when they slept. It was so cute. I would get another ferret, but it is so hard to fall in love with these little guys and then watch them die.
No comments:
Post a Comment