So I woke up feeling like I was coming down with something. My supervisor, Jan, was right. I feel like I keep getting sick. She warned me that I would be sick all my first year working at the clinic.
I fixed my sewing machine and did a little more quilting. I crocheted a scarf while Robby and I drove around doing his errands for his work.
Emeli and I worked on helping her memorize her songs for her play. She has such a pretty voice.
Brett is still at work and he actually cleaned my kitchen (after a lot of begging and pleading on my part).
I called Freddy and found him knee deep in babysitting Lizzie and Ralph. He was overwhelmed and I was laughing hysterically. I gave him a piece of advise even though he didn't ask for it. He had asked Lizzie what she wanted for lunch and she told him ice cream. Lizzie was mad because she couldn't have ice cream for lunch. I told him you NEVER ask a toddler what they want for lunch. You just hand them what lunch is going to be and expect them to eat it. If you ask them what they want, they will always come up with the wrong answer...like ice cream. You simply prepare lunch and present it to them. Then you let them have ice cream after. Freddy said, "I wish you were here right now, Mom." I laughed again. He was kind of snapping at her and I told him to watch his tone with her and to be more gentle. I'm proud of how well he takes care of his little siblings.
Brett just came home and sounds weary. I love it when Brett has to work a long shift. I feel like it is really good for his character.
And now Brett and Emeli are standing in my doorway being complete weirdos. Brett turned to Emeli with a very serious expression and his flaming gay voice, and said, "So, Emeli, I have one question for you. Are we humans or are we dancers?" I yelled for them to leave, take their dorkiness out of my room, and lock the door. Brett said, "That's fine. We'll just continue this conversation right outside of your door where you can hear us."in his gay voice. Weirdos.
No comments:
Post a Comment