Monday, February 27, 2012

Monday

Today I did a treadmill test on a woman who is only a year older than me; however, she is much heavier than I am. She had a huge belly and weighed 254 pounds. I made a promise to myself after this test that I would NEVER allow myself to get that out of shape. On the treadmill test, the treadmill automatically raises the speed and the incline of the treadmill. She was walking at 1.5 mph with a 10% incline. She was doing okay and was huffing and puffing. At 2.5 mph, she was barely making it. After 1.5 minutes at 2.5 mph, she had to stop the treadmill. When I walk on the treadmill, I am usually walking at 4.1 mph. If I run, I like to run at about 4.7 or 4.9 mph. I know I am not in awesome shape, but I think I'm in okay shape. That was sobering to see her staggering at 2.5 mph after just 1.5 minutes. I don't work tomorrow and I am going to go hit the treadmill and I am going to make sure I keep in shape. That scared the hell out of me.

Ryan's dad passed away today. I am very sad for Ryan. He was very close to his dad. He would call him Chief. It was really sweet. Floyd, Ryan's dad, would call Sawyer Little Chief. He was a very sweet man and his kids adored him. When he passed, he was surrounded by family. That is the way to go. I want to be surrounded by my loved ones as well. I will go to the funeral. I had some fun memories with Floyd, too. He was a very special man.

Brett is working at our friend's the Murdock's. They own a plastic company that uses molds to form plastic parts for all kinds of things. The work is mind numbing. But since Brett is not working at BBW while they are renovating, he is working for $10 an hour doing this. I bought him Oreo's to help him feel better. He gets off tonight at 10:30pm. Robby is also working for them every week day from 6am-2pm. It's hard on Robby because he doesn't just stand around. He is constantly moving and working. They love him because they know he never stops and he does his best. I'm proud of that. I'm very blessed to have such a hard working husband.

No comments: