Saturday, February 4, 2012

Friday

I know I didn't post yesterday. I can't remember what my excuse was.

Question of the day...What is the last thing you apologized for? I can't remember. That's not good if I can't remember when I last apologized. It's probably because I live such a perfect life that I never need to apologize. Chances are it was a silly apology and not worth remembering.

It was Robby's and my anniversary yesterday, so we celebrated at Tucano's. Tucano's is a cool restaurant. There is a HUGE salad bar and it's all you can eat meat. The waiters bring skewers of meat around to your table, slice off a bite for you to eat and you wait for the next waiter to bring you something. Surprisingly, you get full really fast. It's pretty pricey, so Robby and I only go during our birthday months when we can use our birthday coupons for a free meal. It was awesome, of course. However, we usually eat so much that we are sick the rest of the day. You feel like you have to eat your money's worth. Next door is Rocky Mountain Chocolates. They have THE best caramel apples. So we bought one for Brett and Emeli. It was a Reese's caramel apple. Brett snarfed his down immediately. Emeli still has hers, I think.

On the way home, we stopped at Petco to see if they have any ferrets. They had about eight baby ferrets. One of them was masked like Bandit and it was so cute. It was the tiniest one and it was a female. She had so much spunk that when Robby stuck his hand in the cage, she literally climbed up his arm, stepping on all the other ferrets to get to him first. We were in love. She was on sale, so we bought her and took her home. She is my birthday/anniversary present. When we came into the house with her, Emeli was so excited. I named her Rosie. Bandit loves her. He follows her around, sniffing her bum. This morning, they were snoozing in my pile of yarn by the couch. Rosie was trying to nibble on Bandit's ear. He kept shaking his head. Then he stopped shaking his head and let her suck on his ear. She was suckling his ear like she would have when she was nursing her mom. It was so cute. He just lay there and let her do it to his ear. She will fall asleep in our arms and sleep there. None of our other ferrets have ever let us hold them like that. It's really sweet. She is also a huge kisser. She is a sweetie and I already love her.

Today I spent the day finally painting Zoe's rocking chair, which I have had for at least four months. I need to get it done before I start on Taylor and Emma's quilt, which will involve a lot of time. Brett and Emeli are going to help me and they are really excited. It's going to be really cute.

Now I am going to bed because I am tired and tomorrow is a day of traveling for Robby's work...blah.

No comments: