Monday, February 6, 2012

Monday

So I forgot to post on Sunday and I think on Saturday, too. I know I promised every day, but there are days that I just completely forget!!!

On Friday I was painting a rocking chair for Zoe and it looks so cute. I was working on it on Saturday and Sunday. It's still not done. As soon as I do one thing, I change my mind and go in another direction. So this chair has many layers of paint. But it looks really cute so far.

Yesterday Emeli made my birthday really sweet. She baked orange rolls in the morning and made me breakfast. Then she made me a birthday cake and these yummy cream cheese oreo cupcakes. They were really rich. One time I came out to the kitchen while she was baking and I asked her if she was enjoying my birthday more than I was. She just looked up at me and smirked. It was a nice, relaxing day and I enjoyed it very much.

This morning I got a call from a girl at work who is notorious for calling in sick on Mondays. It never fails: if I am off on a Monday and I stay up late, she will call me at 7:38am and ask me to go in for her. I am usually in bed, asleep. That means I have to hop into the shower and get ready FAST! I need to be there at 8am. I usually call Jan, my supervisor, and let her know I am coming in for this woman and I will be there by 8:30, which is when we usually see our first patients. Today I didn't get the phone. I figured this woman can figure it out. I am tired of rushing to get there for her when she only calls me at 7:38. And the funny thing is: it is ALWAYS 7:38. It's like she sits around and waits for that exact time and THEN she calls me. It pisses me off like nothing else. So today I didn't answer.

When the phone rang, it said her name along with the ring. Robby and I both groaned and said, "No." She has done this way too many times. The sad thing is this woman is on probation for her attendance, yet she still does this. Whatever.

Robby and I are going to drive to Heber today to see the new sales office for Richmond American homes. Robby has to draw maps for sign placement. So we are going for a nice drive. Heber is pretty, but it is way out in BFE and I would hate to live there. When there is a huge snow storm, you are literally trapped in that little valley. At least they have a hospital and a Walmart, so you are not completely isolated. But still, no thanks!!! Plus, it is always about 10 degrees colder than Provo. blah.

No comments: