Friday, December 12, 2008

TGIF

There is this one guy in our building who reminds me of Taylor. He dresses like Taylor, looks like him and is about his age. He comes into the break room at lunch time and warms up his lunch. I find myself staring at him and watching him. I feel like I am looking at Taylor. He has probably seen me looking at him and wonders why this woman who is old enough to be his mother keeps staring at him. It hurts to see him and know I don't get to see a lot of Taylor. I miss that a lot. I remember when he was young and gone from home a lot, I would miss him. He would play me the music he was listening to. There are some songs that I will hear and they make me misty eyed because they remind me of when Taylor was in high school, in his band, playing his guitar in his room and listening to his music. I remember being his roady and driving his band equipment around or going to the grungiest Seattle pits to listen to his band play. His band ALWAYS performed last and I had to listen to all the other crappy bands first.

I remember in the third Indiana Jones movie how Sean Connery says to Harrison Ford. "You left home when you got interesting." That's so true. You struggle with these kids, look forward to the day they go to school and you get a break during the day and then as soon as they have opinions worth listening to and can carry on a decent conversation, they move out. What's up with that?!!! I love you, Taylor and miss you.

No comments: