Yesterday was a drama day. I got into the car, heading home and found out that Emeli had stuck a dime up her nose and it went down her throat and she swallowed it. I was shocked! Emeli swallowed a penny when she was four years old and I thought it was traumatic enough that she would NEVER do that again!! I guess not. I got home and she was hysterical. I was told that she was not as hysterical as she had been. Roberto was upstairs on the computer and didn't know what was happening until Brett told him. Emeli had called her dad in a panic. That irritates Roberto because he feels like he is being passed up as not being helpful enough or adult enough to help. I understand his feelings and I understand Emeli wanting to call her dad because her behavior is a cry for attention. It's so annoying.
I had printed up a bunch of questions that Roberto and I could ask each other to get to know each other better. We had plenty of time last night to go through them all because Emeli went with her dad to his ward Christmas party. We were almost done with them all when she came home with a note from her dad.
He was informing me of what he thought the Christmas itinerary should be with the kids. I was livid. Brett and Emeli saw me crying. His plan was for them to be with him from the 20th until the 26th. He would deliver them back to me on the 26th at 11:00am. Brett was not happy about that because he doesn't want to be there that long and neither does Emeli. But as soon as they say that to their dad, he gets all dramatic and starts crying.
Roberto told me to let it pass. He told me to calm down. He reminded me that the kids would not choose to stay that long and not see me. I just need to remember that and not let their dad affect me like that. He was hurt that I would spend so much emotional energy on that. He said I should spend my energy on him and the kids. I agreed with him, but all I could see was red. I couldn't see through it. I still seethe when I allow myself to think about it.
Now I have harassed Freddy and Brett about the schedule to the point where they are irritated with me and are reminding me to have more trust in them to put their foot down with their dad. I know I need to trust, but it's hard for me.
I was also irritated because their dad was insisting on this weekend even though he wouldn't be there. Emeli wanted to go because they have a Wii. Brett enjoys being with his step-mom. I was complaining to my boss about it. He goes through crap with his ex and his kids, too. He told me to get as much overtime as I want the week before and after our company meeting in California. With that money from the overtime, he wanted me to buy a Wii so that my kids would not feel compelled to go to their dad's in order to play it. No one else has been given that opportunity. He had an office meeting where he was telling everyone to cut short their hours during that time so he didn't have to pay them overtime and he was granting me overtime. I was almost in tears. I thought that was very sweet.
I don't know if I will take him up on it, though. I know we have other things to pay for with that money. Roberto told me that when his tax money comes in from Holland, we can buy a Wii then. I agree. Not only that, but I don't like overtime. I like being home. So we'll see.
Today we had an office Christmas party and we had a White Elephant gift exchange. I got a Monopoly game. It's a deluxe version and it is really nice. I didn't have a Monopoly game. So the kids and I played it tonight and I kicked their butts! That was hilarious and fun. They were good sports about it, though.
So my day ended on a nice note. Pretty soon Roberto will be home from working 2-10pm and we will talk about our days. I always enjoy that. I am grateful for my husband and I love my children.
No comments:
Post a Comment