This is the second Sunday I have not gone to church. I will not be going to church next Sunday or the Sunday after that. Next Sunday is General Conference and the Sunday after that, I will be running around with Robby like I did today. Last Sunday we went to Rachelle's house to celebrate Zoe's birthday a week early. We gave her a white princess nightie, which she loved and I scored with that gift...it's all about scoring with gifts :D. I'm feeling kind of blah and I know it's because I haven't been to church lately. I need a good dose of religion to pep me right up. I'm looking forward to listening to Conference next Saturday; however, Brett will be here and he will probably be a poop about listening to both sessions on Saturday. But I will at least catch the morning one.
Yesterday Emeli went to the Festival of Colors in Spanish Fork with Brooklyn, so it was just Robby and I running around Central Utah looking at all the "living signs" (people who hold signs) and making sure they all showed up. We were missing 3 out of the 13 and Robby's boss was pissed. Robby got a scathing email from him, which prompted Robby to fire the supervisor he had who was supposed to be there supervising these living signs. Lots of drama. I hate drama. Today we had a new supervisor and although she kept getting lost, she did a great job. Robby kept saying, "I don't get how she can't read a map." I totally understand because I am directionally challenged. The only place where I am NOT directionally challenged is in a mall. Sad, huh? Emeli borrowed my white sneakers so she could see how dirty they would get at the Festival of Colors. Stupid me let her take them thinking I could clean them after. Nope. They are now a light pink color. Not too bad because I like the color pink, but I also like having white tennies, too.
Shari sent me a copy of the book she has been working on, so while Robby drove, I occasionally read her book. I was hooked from the first page and I love it. Now Emeli is reading it and SHE is hooked. She reads aloud when she reads, so I can hear her little voice in there reading Shari's book. She mentioned that Shari likes to swear sometimes. I told Shari that and Shari got a good laugh about that. I told Shari that I swear occasionally, too...like today. I had just filled up a 6 quart plastic jug of Hawaiian Punch and set it on the bar. I set it too far on the edge and the stupid thing spilled all over the carpet. I watched it in slow motion. Then when it hit the ground, it cracked and when I picked it up, it kept gushing punch. I said a word that starts with S really loud. Then I got down on my knees and started spraying. Of course, any time I engage in some kind of project like that, Ollie is very interested and curious. I was in no mood to indulge his curiosity, so I told Emeli to toss him back in his cage. He kept trying to roll in it. GRRRRR!!!
Just as I was getting off my knees from that, Robby told me that two living signs had bailed and that he needed ME to hold a sign and dance for four hours. I was NOT happy about that. I know the place I was going to stand and the wind out there is ferocious. I pulled out everything I would need: huge BYU sweatshirt, scarf, ear covers, gloves, and I sent Emeli to the clubhouse to buy me a couple of Diet Cokes. I figured that if I was going to hold a sign for four hours, I was not going to do it solo. Robby had to run to see his new supervisor and give her maps. Good thing because I was kind of pissy and I think he was only too happy to get out for a little bit. He called me on the way home to let me know that his supervisor had found someone to hold the sign instead. I was literally doing a happy dance through the house. We had to pick him up and take him to the place, but I didn't care. I handed him one of my Diet Cokes and gave him 5 bucks to buy himself some lunch. I would have given my first born baby, but he's not a baby anymore and he is a free agent now.
Lately, Emeli and I are swimming at nights. We have gone twice...I know, I know, not a lot, but I'm going to go more this week. I jog from one end of the pool to the other instead of swimming laps. I am not a strong swimmer, so jogging in the pool is much more effective. By the time I am done, I feel great. I go for 20 minutes, but this week I'm going to go for half an hour. I can feel it in my legs and my abs. I also found noodles at the dollar store and stocked up. We now have six noodles and I think that's enough. So Emeli and I go armed with noodles and we float with them, kicking our feet or we jog across the pool together. The other day there was a little 3 year old girl and she was running around the pool trying to get away from her mom. She is just lucky I was not her mom. I would have caught up with her and given her a nice, firm smack on the butt and sat her in time out. Then every time she got in the pool, she would shriek in delight, but not a cute shriek. It was a blood curdling shriek, the kind that pierces ear drums. That is my only complaint about our pool. It is indoors and it echoes terribly. If you get a screaming kid, you're done for.
I have noticed the appalling lack of control that parents have with their children lately. Now I KNOW I'm getting old because I sound just like my dad. I see these kids in Walmart and I shake my head because my kids would NEVER have done some of those things without a good beating back in the car later. The other day Robby and I were in Robert's and this little 4 year old boy got mad at his mom. He just walks right out of the store and stands right in the middle of the parking lot to sulk. The mom completely freaks out, runs out of the store and yanks him out of the parking lot. She brings him back into the store and loudly chastises him. If any of my children are reading this, they are probably saying, "Mom would NOT have done that." They are right. I would have walked out in that parking lot, taken that kid by the arm and brought him back to the store but chewed on him outside of the store without all the drama for everyone to see. I also would have given his bum a firm smack. Then I would have plopped his little body IN the cart and told him that if he gave me anymore grief, he would get another spanking in the car. This mother still allowed her child to walk around. He would walk about 20 feet away from her and sulk. She would loudly tell him to come back. He wouldn't budge. I watched this whole thing knowing what I would have done. I told Robby later that my child would have tried that only once and never again. Robby makes me look like Carol Brady. He would have yanked that kid hard by the arm and told him to "knock it off" and smacked him good and hard. He agreed that his child would do that only once. We are both old. hahaha.
I have crabbed long enough. I think I'm going to go read some scriptures about patience and listen to my iPod. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment