I got home from school, snacked on some grapes, chatted with Robby and then we had to get out the door to do errands for his work. Today he had to put up a "for sale" sign on one of the newest homes up in Herriman. Herriman is west of West Jordan and has a great view of Kennecott copper mines. My job, when Robby is putting up one of the signs, is to hold the sign and the level and make sure it's standing straight and not at some odd angle. As I was standing there, my hair was blowing like I was in a wind tunnel. It wasn't cold wind, which is nice, it was just super windy. So today is officially called Windsday.
On our way out of Springville, we stopped by Kranky Franks, a hot dog stand that has these obnoxious looking stuffed people sitting outside in lawn chairs. But the hot dogs are good, cheap and they have GREAT sweet potato fries. For $12 we had a very filling lunch. Not too shabby.
I was telling Robby all about the digestive system as we drove and all the drama we have in class and he listens and drives while I talk wildly with my hands flying. The coolest thing is that whatever I tell Robby, he remembers. I sometimes wonder if he is listening to me or just letting me gab on and on. But then he will repeat what I said a couple of days later and I will be blown away at how much he remembers.
Emeli is at the temple tonight (kind of unwillingly until she found out that they might treat them to something in the temple cafeteria---brat).
I have started back on my ADD meds and they give me these stupid headaches. I'm hoping they go away as soon as my body adjusts to the meds. I need these meds for a few reasons: 1. they help me stay focused and not be so scattered 2. they help me with weight management because they tend to take away your appetite. 3. I can remember details better. When I am working, that's very important because I won't get distracted so easily. But meanwhile, they give me this achy headache behind my eyes. I hate it. If I move my head too fast, I feel like my brain is loose and jiggling inside my skull. Last night, my head was throbbing. I took some hydrocodone for that. I have it left over from my stupid crown I just had done. I like having extras for times such as last night.
We have been studying the digestive tract and last week it was the urinary tract. It is fascinating to me how the human body performs so many tasks without us even realizing it. The human body is absolutely beautiful in its perfection. How can anyone deny that there is a God if they study the human body or even an animal's body? It's so organized and so perfect. It's no accident that the body works so perfectly. I sit in class in amazement at the way the body works together to support itself. I love studying medicine and anatomy. I just hope I can do well out in the field.
No comments:
Post a Comment