Tuesday, March 22, 2011

time flies...


Just this morning I realized I have not posted for a while. I'm sure people are clamoring for my posts, so I must post.

On Saturday, we lost our little Ruby. Emeli was making something with frozen berries and popped the lid on Ruby's cage to give her one and called out to me. We both looked in to see her drawing her last little breaths. I stroked her a little bit and then we covered her up so she could die in peace. Robby came home from work and was very sad. He took it kind of hard, which I knew he would. He adored her from the moment we brought her home as Emeli's hamster. He always loved petting her and holding her. She was his hamster. She would not bite him if he put his hand in the cage, but if I put my hand in, she would bite and bite hard! I was the one who fed her mostly, but she knew she was Robby's. Little stinker. Robby told me he would wait a while before getting another one because he didn't want to appear to replace her so quickly.

Today, as we were driving by Petsmart, I asked Robby if he wanted to get a new hamster. He said he would, so we went in. They had THE cutest little Russian dwarf hamster the color of honey. He is tiny and very young. He let Robby pick him up and Robby was sold. Emeli adores him, too. He is really cute. He has red eyes like Ruby, too. We gave him an almond as soon as he was settled in his cage and he went crazy. He is fearless and doesn't bite. He's a keeper.

Sunday we went up to Logan to visit Rachelle and her family. I love going there. We played two games, had a good lunch and got to see the kids. We gave Zoe a Cinderella princess nightie. Zoe loved it and kept taking it off and putting it on. Rachelle told me on Monday that Zoe wouldn't take it off when they had to run errands. She called us on Monday to tell us thank you. She is so cute.

No comments: