So yesterday we had to run some errands for Robby's work and our little ferret was still out of the cage. He has taken to sleeping under our little couch in the lining. He likes that we can't reach him when it's time for him to go back to his cage. I finally had to flip the couch up and reach inside the lining and get him out. I laughed so hard when I saw what he was sleeping in. He had taken the scarf we had given him from his cage and dragged it all the way under the couch. The scarf was inside an orange plastic bag and so was he. I also saw the other stuff he has been "ferreting" away. He had a plastic purse sized lotion bottle all bitten through, with the lotion inside all dried up. Suddenly a light went on in my head. At Christmas time I had a lotion bottle in my school bag that had puncture marks in it. At the time I had thought it was from the pens in my bag, but my pens have never punctured my lotions before. Then I remembered how I have a lotion in my purse right now that has two little puncture marks in it. I lifted it out of my purse and realized that the two puncture marks are the exact width of Ollie's mouth. That little beast has gotten into my purse and chomped on my lotions!!!
Little Louie is actually singing again and I'm so glad. I was really missing his little warbling. He warbles all day long to his buddy in the mirror and it is so cute. I think he is on the road to recovery from his run-in with Ollie last week.
Our noisy neighbors upstairs are moving!!!! I am doing a happy dance as I type. They are THE noisiest neighbors I have ever had in all my years of apartment dwelling. I was telling Emeli the other day that I have lived in six different apartments and never have I had such rude and inconsiderate neighbors. The girl who is almost 12 years old literally runs from one end of the apartment to the other back and forth continuously! She stomps, jumps off beds, scrapes furniture, etc. The mother does her laundry at 10:30pm. You can hear her washer spinning at about 11:00pm and it drives Robby and I nuts. Soon after we moved in, the mom was vacuuming at 10:30pm. Brett and I called them the Elephant Family. We would start singing, "Pink Elephants on Parade" whenever we would hear them literally stomping across the floor. You would think from all that noise that these people weigh at least 300 pounds. No, the mom is anorexically thin. The daughter is smallish too. They just stomp like they weigh 300 pounds.
At school, we are doing blood draws. Amber did my blood draw yesterday and gave me quite a big bruise. Today it looks even worse. All the high school students would see my arm and get huge eyes and ask me what happened. We all expect bruises, but not like this. One girl even asked me who did it. I wouldn't tell her because she is a huge gossip and a little brat and I didn't want her to say anything to Amber or anyone else about it. Amber already felt bad enough. Amber had pulled the needle out before she had pulled the blood tube out and it caused me to bleed inside because of the pressure. No biggie, but it looks awful and blood squirted out at the time. Very messy. It doesn't hurt, so I'm okay. I have given three blood draws and I'm still a little nervous. Our teacher literally holds our hand and directs us as we poke. I appreciate that.
Today I walked outside and it was not too bad. It was cloudy kind of Seattle cloudy, but it was 53 degrees and I was really liking that. I walked to the Chevron and back. I haven't walked that far outside since the summer because it has been SO freaking cold!!!
Tomorrow we do more blood pokes, hear what is on the test and study like there's no tomorrow and then Friday is another big exam. I just hope I can remember all this stuff when I am actually working.
No comments:
Post a Comment