Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Spring break

I have not been faithful with this blog thingee for the last couple of weeks. I have had a lot of things going on.

Brett came to visit last week and that was wonderful. We would sit at the kitchen table at the same time in the afternoons. Brett would be on WoW and I would be typing up my notes, coloring my anatomy sheets or putting music on my new iPod touch. We would talk about a lot of different things. On Monday he came to class with me while we discussed male anatomy. He asked a couple of questions in class and that surprised the teacher. On Friday, he came back to class with me so that he could be my guinea pig. I gave him 3 shots and drew blood. He was pretty brave. For payment, I bought him a nice dessert when we went out for dinner that night. I was very sad to see him go because I know that it will be a long time before I see him again. We worked on a blanket for him that is fur and minkie. He helped pick out the two fabrics and he loved it. He kept wrapping himself up in the blanket during the day. The ferret loved it, too. He would roll around in it.

Emeli is now out in WA visiting the Kesler's. She has called me many times telling me that she is so glad she lives with me and she is away from the drama. She also misses us a lot. I think she finally sees what she was living with. It took her leaving that situation, building a life out here and then going back to that for her to see how awful it was. Brett was telling me how peaceful it is here and he misses that a lot.

So it's just Robby and I this week. It's weird being back to just the two of us. It's not like Emeli eats a lot (because she doesn't), but it's weird to cook dinner for just the two of us. We have a lot more leftovers and since Emeli isn't here, they don't get eaten as fast. Emeli loves leftovers and likes them for breakfast or after school. I miss her a lot. I especially miss her in the mornings when I am getting ready for school. Usually she and I are bumping into each other the whole time and chatting. It is too quiet in the mornings.

I am nervous about leaving school and going out to the medical field. It's interesting that just as potential MA, people are already asking me medical questions. It makes me very nervous to answer. What if I am wrong?! I love this field and I love learning this stuff and I am excited to go out to work. I just hope I remember it all!!!!

No comments: