Today it reached -6 degrees, but it felt like -15 degrees. Robby had to go to a breakfast for Blue Stakes (the guys you call when you are going to dig so you don't hit a power or gas line). They were having a seminar so he went to learn about it. The breakfast started at 7:30am and so does my school. He dropped me off at school half an hour early and went to the breakfast. It was SO cold today that I took a blanket to class. Our class gets pretty chilly on a good day, but I knew today would not be a good day. After class, Robby came into the school to get me. He was standing in the entry of the school waiting for me. I walked out of class and towards the stairs. I looked down and saw him. I'm such a sap, but my heart still beats faster when I see him. On the way home from school, he told all the grisly stories they told so everyone takes calling blue stakes seriously. He told me that 66 people died last year on job related injuries from buried cables and gas lines. Scary stuff.
It is our third anniversary today. I won't go on and on about how wonderful it is to be married to Robby. Anyone who sees us can tell that we are happy. He makes me laugh like no one else can. He has a quick wit, which I LOVE! I will throw out a sarcastic comment and he always comes back with one in return that usually makes me shout with laughter. This morning as my alarm rang, he rolled over and said, "Happy anniversary, Sweetheart." He is very serious about remembering holidays and special days. He always makes sure he wishes me Merry Christmas, Happy Anniversary, Happy Birthday or whatever the occasion is first thing in the morning when he wakes up. It's sweet.
Tonight we decided to buy steaks for dinner rather than go out for dinner...just doing our part to save money :D. Emeli was ecstatic. She loves steak. She hovered over Robby the whole time he fried them up. We had Caesar salad (another Emeli fave) and peach pie from last night. All in all a wonderful dinner. For an anniversary gift, I bought Robby a huge bag of Jelly Bellies (his fave) and he bought me a beautiful rose bouquet (my fave). He also told me that he was going to get me something else, but it didn't work out like he wanted, so I will have to wait until Saturday when it will be ready. And then he smiled this wicked smile and said, "And that is ALL I'm saying..." He knows darn well I am going to burn with curiosity until Saturday! GRRR. I will probably harass him tonight when we are in bed with questions, which he will NOT answer! hahaha!!
Emeli is at Young Women's tonight doing a Trek practice. They are working these kids to get them in shape for the Trek this summer. Our soft teenagers do not work in the fields and push heavy equipment all day like the pioneers did, so they need to practice for Trek. The pioneers would probably laugh their heads off if they knew that.
No comments:
Post a Comment