So yesterday was my birthday and it was a good day. We didn't get to bed until about 12:30am on Friday and of course, Robby made sure to say Happy Birthday BEFORE we went to bed..hahaha!
We spent Saturday doing Robby's rounds for his work. While doing his rounds, something usually comes up such as: a sign blows over and he has to fix it or someone didn't place enough signs or whatever. Yesterday's big drama was that we had placed signs along a spot where the HOA objected. So we had to take down about 10 signs. Robby has to dress up and usually his shoes are all muddy by the time he is done.
We stopped in one convenience store/gas station so Robby could clean the mud off his shoes and to get a snack. Emeli and I immediately went to the candy aisle; however, Emeli DID catch me looking at donuts. Okay, I admit it! I wanted to buy donuts!!! We saw this new type of drink that was called Neutrogasm. I immediately suspected what it was for, but was shocked that they would be that open. On the back it claims to help "circulation" and "enjoyment" "any time of the day". Emeli and I were reading it and saying, "Ew!!!" and laughing. Emeli noticed that there were quite a few missing from the refrigerated section...once again, EW! I dragged Robby over to see it after he had cleaned off his boots and he just shook his head and grinned. We bought a ton of candy (which Emeli sneaked into church and kept snacking on during sacrament meeting). Not so bad, except today is Fast Sunday...
We went to Zupa's for dinner: a yummy place for awesome soups, salads, sandwiches and desserts. Robby bought me a yummy piece of chocolate cake. I took a few bites and boxed it hoping to eat it on Sunday afternoon after three long hours of church. Not to happen!!! I woke up Sunday morning and was eating cereal, when Emeli came up and gave me a huge hug and said, "Mom, I loved your chocolate cake. I finished it off." I turned to her(good thing I didn't have scissors or a knife in my hand)and just stared. I said, "I only had like 3 bites of that cake and you finished it off?!!!" She said, "I saved you the chocolate covered strawberry..." I was not happy. Then she hugged me again and said, "Are you mad?!" "No," I said, "Just irritated..." I looked at the box that she had written my name on and there was just a dollop of chocolate from the top of the cake and the chocolate covered strawberry. I grabbed that strawberry and started eating it. I knew that if I left it around, she would eat that too!! As it is, she stood there watching me as if I was going to offer HER a bite. One little piece of chocolate fell into the sink and I told her she could have THAT! Then she said, "Mom, was that your birthday cake?" (and if it was, it was a little too late to do anything about it!) I replied, slowly,"No, but Robby bought it for me BECAUSE IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY!" She gave me another huge hug, literally draping herself on my back. I think she thought if she kept hugging me, it would make up for her EATING MY CAKE!! I'm kind of glad she did because it kept me from eating it and then I could really eat my chocolate birthday cake I made. Plus, someone in our ward gave Robby these huge brownie pieces completely smothered in chocolate frosting. I know it's because their son is a huge brat in scouts and they want to make up for his behavior. I found myself picking at that thing all evening.
I downloaded some sheet music off the computer and printed it and sat down to play the piano. I haven't played the piano in ages. It needs tuning and the keys are kind of needing to be cleaned...very sticky. I asked Emeli to join me. We sang "Mad World" together and tried to sing "Hallelujah" and then screeched out "The Luckiest" and gave up after we realized we sounded like cats. We both laughed hysterically after we realized we were meowing rather than singing. We need to practice that one. But it was very fun.
Very good weekend, very good birthday and like I said, I live with two of my most favorite people in the world and I am "the Luckiest"...
No comments:
Post a Comment