Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday



Rachelle and her family came to visit us on Friday evening, intending to stay the entire three day weekend; however, snow made them have to leave early. It was nice while they were here, but it wasn't the same as other visits. We were all sick and just kind of vegetables. Usually we have a huge craft orgy of scrap booking and art projects with the kids. I was just not my usual crafty self. I have been on Zombie mode for the last week and a half. Rachelle was a mess last night. She had chills, she felt warm, she couldn't breathe, so I drugged her with tea and a mighty decongestant. They left early this afternoon because Logan was getting dumped on with snow. Jason has contracts to plow snow, so they had to hurry back. Zoe was also feeling warm and was up last night with leg pains, tugging her ears and screaming. Rachelle always worries that it might keep us awake. It usually wakes me up for a little bit, but since I don't have to get up, I just roll over and go back to sleep. I don't worry about it waking up our neighbors because our upstairs neighbors are THE rudest neighbors I have ever had. The mom is up at 4:30 am watching TV cranked, running her washing machine at midnight, etc. So I hope she was woken up and couldn't get back to sleep.

Yesterday while we were doing Robby's rounds, he was putting a sticker on one of the permanent signs. The person who made the big sign had made one of the arrows pointing in the wrong direction to the model home...duh. So Robby had to put a sticker with an arrow pointing in the right direction. While doing that, I was sitting in the car on the side of the road on a busy street, with emergency lights flashing. A lady pulled up across the street from us and honked. She motioned for Robby to come over so she could talk to him. We both expected it to be some city official wanting to complain about the sign. That happens a lot. We will be pulled over fixing a sign and the Highway Patrol or some power hungry city official will tell us we are in violation. Whatever. So Robby goes across the street to talk to her, weaving through traffic. She said, "Nothing really important. I just wanted to let you know that the Lord loves you." She is lucky that wasn't me. I would have said, "What the hell?! I already know that, you dumb bitch." I know, I'm so mean. But to have her risk my husband's life so she can tell him something like that, is so stupid. Then she honked at me, gave me a thumbs up and drove off like she had just performed a great act of service. Psycho.

Emeli gave a talk in sacrament meeting today. She later told me that she was so nervous that she was shaking when she took the bread and water. I told her that was normal. Her topic was meekness. We worked on her talk last night. She was really cute when she gave it. After she spoke, instead of staying up on the stand, she walked down to where we were sitting. She plopped down next to me and I put my arm around her. Robby later told her he was very impressed. She loved hearing that.

No comments: