Usually Monday is not that great of a day, but when you get 95% on a math test from Hell, you feel pretty good. That's where I am at. I expected maybe an 81%, but 95?! I got my test and went back to my desk feeling pretty high. That means I don't have to take the make-up test and the math is all behind me.
Poor Emeli is just beginning the whole math thing. She had a math worksheet tonight that looked all sweetness and light because it was pink and said things like, "lace and ribbons" on it. Plus it had a cute little word puzzle on the bottom. But don't be fooled! It was a worksheet from hell and it had Emeli in hysterical tears. Between Robby and I we figured that pig out. However, some of the answers we came up with were not in the little boxes of possible answers at the bottom of the sheet. That was very frustrating and that is where Emeli lost her cool. We called Brett and asked him to help us figure out the one problem that stumped us and he came up with the answer right away. Sometimes I do not like Brett. Where did he get his math smarts?!!
I went visiting teaching today. I love my VT companion. She is 86 years old. She was an Idaho farm-wife and she is a pistol. I adore her. She suffered a stroke last year and it has not kept her down. She hand quilts! And she donates those quilts to DI's humanitarian department. She says just what she thinks, which is a trait I have always enjoyed in older people. She also laughs at my jokes, which I have always enjoyed in people as well :D. Whenever we plan on the times we will visit our ladies for the month, she says, "Well, I will see you on [whatever day] unless something happens to me. You know, at my age, something COULD happen..." On Sunday I told her that something could happen to ME, too. She laughed. Today I told her that going to school is probably going to save me from Alzheimer's and she laughed about that too. She told me that maybe she needs to read more books. I adore her!
Today our little ferret almost became dinner...grrr! I got Ollie all hyper when I got home from school. Getting Ollie all hyper is hilarious. He will run backwards, his back hunched up. Then he will slide under the couch and poke his head out to see if I'm still running after him. I got him all hyper and then I went visiting teaching. Robby was back in the bedroom working on his computer. I came home and Robby informed me that he put "the long one" (Robby's nickname for him thanks to D'Jayden) back in his cage because he was naughty. I looked over at our house tree and found cups and cups of dirt all over the carpet. Ferrets love to dig and that's what Ollie did when I left. Robby found him digging, sprayed him with the spray bottle and tossed him back in his cage. I vacuumed up the mess, cursing the little beast the whole time. But I also blamed myself for getting him all riled up and then leaving him.
Tomorrow we are giving each other ECG's and that means I have to wear a sports bra and have these little electrodes pushed under my bra right against my boobs. At least our teacher lets us wear a sports bra and not be topless completely. I'm glad for that because I go to school with all these little teenagers. I'm a little embarrassed for them to see my wrinkly tummy full of stretch marks.
No comments:
Post a Comment