Friday, January 28, 2011

whew!...it's Friday

I have had a test every day this week except Thursday. It has been crazy!

On Tuesday I had drama with Pyscho Lady. She thought she saw me talking about her to the girl next to me and saying that Psycho Lady was cheating. Psycho Lady approached me and accused me, I snarled back at her and she backed off. But she left a parting shot. "I STILL don't know why you don't talk to me anymore..." I wanted to yell, "Because of things like this!" but I refrained. Drama.

Thursday night I went to a Relief Society function where we talked about journaling and personal history. We got some really great ideas for making a personal history for our children. We got this great flier with questions about our lives to give us ideas on what to write about. As an activity, we had to draw the floor plan of a house from our childhood and then talk about it. As I was drawing, I remembered how we had a gardenia bush right by the front door. When it was blooming, it smelled so good. Whenever I smell gardenia, it always takes me back to that home with the gardenia bush. That is probably my favorite home. I was young, Dad was healthy and happy and times were good. We had a huge yard and I had the freedom to run all through the neighborhood because we lived in a cul-de-sac and knew all our neighbors. We had a vacant lot next door and my friends and I had fun adventures and make believe all through the trees, and all over the property. It was a large lot.

Today at the end of class, I was talking with some of the other kids in class. They are all Brett's age and they are hilarious because it's like talking to my own kids. One of the girls was talking about how hot Zach Ephron is. I told them he is probably the age of my sons and it would be sick and wrong for me to think he is hot. We looked up how old he is and one of the girls said, "He was born in 1987. How old is he?" Well, I knew that answer. Taylor was born in 1987, so Zach Ephron is 23 years old. Daniella, the air head of the class (who got almost 100% on the SAT!!) said, "YOU have a 23 year old?! Yeah, that would be GROSS if you thought he was hot." I had to laugh. These kids make me laugh.

Emeli and I went walking today before she went to Brooklyn's house. Emeli has decided (for the time being...it could change tomorrow) that she is going to stay with me during the school year and with her dad during the summers. I'm okay with that because Robby's job is very demanding during the summer. I can help him with his job and not worry that I'm neglecting Emeli. Not only that, but I will probably be doing my externship and not home a lot. Emeli told me she has 16 friends and that is WAY more friends than she had in Washington. In Washington, she had 0 friends. We talked about how much fun she would have on Trek. At first she was very hesitant about going, but as soon as I told her it was stake wide and that there would be lots of boys, she was more keen to go...hahaha!

I love having Emeli here. I love hanging out with her and joking with her. She is fun, compassionate, supportive and a great little friend. We get ready for school together in the mornings and get in each other's way in the hall bath putting on make-up. We share make-up. She uses most of mine. I am so grateful for the time I have with her.

1 comment:

The Royal Tea said...

Love reading these Mom :)