It is a new year and time for me to start posting again! I haven't written in my journal for a long time, either.
Emeli is living with me and all is right in the world. I can't say how happy I am to have her at home with us. She is a great little companion and I love hanging with her in the mornings. We try to say a little prayer, hugging each other before we go out the door together. Emeli to Jr High and me to my little College. It's so nice to hear the bus pull up outside and know that Emeli is on it and coming home again. It's also nice to have her help in the kitchen, her companionship at the gym and to laugh with her and have her do my hair (although she probably gets sick of doing it!!).
Las Vegas was wonderful. It was warm and I got to see skinny Taylor. I am really proud of how he is taking care of himself, reading labels, running and determined to keep it up, even when he is tempted by a huge buffet at the Luxor. It was good to just chat with him, listen to his music and to hug him. He has grown up to be an amazing young man. I'm grateful that Emma shared him with us. It was very nice.
Today I went to a funeral for a 7 month old baby. The mother went in to get him from his crib and he was dead. That is every mother's nightmare. As she walked into the chapel following the tiny, white coffin, my heart split in two. I stood there watching her trying to be as brave as she could, but she broke down. I don't blame her. It was so heart wrenching to watch her shoulders shake as she cried. I found myself quietly crying as the tears ran down my face and down my neck. I can't imagine how she feels with empty arms and a silent home. I sat there thanking Heavenly Father that I never had to endure that pain. At the grave, she kneeled by the tiny coffin and cried again. It was the hardest thing to watch. I hope my children never have to endure such pain.
I am grateful that my children are alive and healthy and I have had the privilege of raising them and being called Mom. I have never had a desire to be anything else and I am grateful that I had that opportunity four times!
No comments:
Post a Comment