Wednesday, January 12, 2011



So this week has been kinda busy. On Saturday we went up north to the Layton Hills Mall. We bought Emeli another pair of jeans, a pea coat ($20 at American Eagle!!) and some stuff at Bath and Body Works. She was so excited to get some perfume there. As we were just walking around, there was this kiosk with scarves and a sign that said "All scarves $5 today". They had pashmina scarves, so Emeli and I snatched up one each!! Of course mine is pink and Emeli's is bright purple. It was really fun. Poor Robby had to drive around and check sign routes while we shopped. I'm pretty sure he preferred what he had to do rather than walk the mall with us.

Robby had to work on Sunday, so Emeli and I went to church without him. We came home after sacrament meeting because we both felt sick. We ended up watching "Lord of the Rings" and laying around.

Emeli gets homesick for WA when she talks to everyone out there, especially since Ralph was born last week. She was really down about not being there. But last night there was drama on the phone with Maddie, so at times I know she is not missing that.

We have been learning about the lungs, asthma and emphysema. I don't get how someone could smoke after knowing how smoke can cause so many diseases. Emphysema is TERRIBLE! I couldn't think of a worse way to die. You literally suffocate. You expend 50-80% of your energy all day long just trying to breathe. Not a great life. I also learned how blessed I was to think quickly last year when I had to give myself the heimlich. That could have been a really bad situation.

Work for Robby has been super stressful. He has had to drive all over the place, clean out the storage and make new signs all in 10 degree temperatures! It has been so cold and it doesn't show any sign of getting better. Yesterday we were in the storage at Lehi (10 degrees!!) and breaking down signs for Fieldstone homes. They want all their signs on metal stakes instead of wooden stakes. So we had to pull them off the wooden stakes one by one (almost 100 of them). I found the best way to do that was to step on the back of the sign and just tear them off; however, it pulls ALL the muscles in your hip and thigh. So today I feel like I got beat up. Last night we were making the signs in our small condo. It looked like a little factory in there. Huge pain in the butt. To see Olly run around through all that mess is hilarious. Today has has to pick up his boss from the airport and drive him all around parts of Utah today and tomorrow. Then his boss flies back to CA. Robby is a little worried about that.

On Monday, I had an appointment with the dentist for a tooth that has been bugging me since Christmas. It has really been bugging me since Halloween, but it has been painful since Christmas. For the last week and a half I have been steadily taking ibuprofen all day long. I'm sure my liver and kidneys love that! I went into the dentist hoping he could either pull the tooth (my last choice) or give me a crown. When he found out that it has been hurting and waking me up at night with the pain, he wouldn't touch it. He sent me to an endodontist for a root canal. That costs $800, but that's just the preparation for the crown that the dentist is going to do. That will cost another $800!! So I will have a crown for each child. I think each child should pay for one of my crowns! hahaha!! The root canal was not bad at all. I had laughing gas and I lay there kind of in and out of it the whole time. He told me that I wouldn't care what they did to me and time would pass quickly. He was right on both counts. I asked him if I could have laughing gas every day. That night, still numb, I was eating dinner. Emeli was laughing so hard at me because my expression was so funny looking. When Robby saw me, he started to laugh too. I went into the bathroom to look and I had to admit that I looked pretty hilarious.

School is getting a little intense. I had a spelling test today. I have a test on Friday, a quiz on Monday and then a test on next Friday. The following Monday after that, I have another test, then a quiz the next day and then a spelling test the next day. Whew! But I still love it and enjoy what I'm learning.

Valentine's Day, my favorite holiday is coming up and I'm planning some hearts in our window. Emeli was making fun of me last night because I was busy digging in my paper and looking at shapes to cut on my Cricut. I know the second I start making something cute on our front room windows, she will join me and put something in her bedroom window. hahahaha!!! And she says I'm a dork. She is one too!

No comments: