Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My New Year's was a lot of fun. On New Year's Eve, Emeli, Roberto and I played a game we got for Christmas called "Swashbuckled". That was fun. Brett went to a stake dance and had a lot of fun.

On New Year's Day, Cartoon Network had Looney Toons cartoons playing all day, so the kids and I would turn on the TV throughout the day to watch Bug Bunny. We would laugh so hard. I remember watching those cartoons after school. We had a lemon tree out back and we would pick huge lemons, cut them up and salt them and eat them. Whew! They were sour, but we loved it. Every time I eat a salted lemon, it takes me right back to sitting around watching TV when I was a kid.

On January 2nd, Mom and I went out to dinner. Grandma wanted to come and was sitting at the counter complaining that we didn't include her. The woman is 99 years old, can't see, can't hear and has to be dragged along next to you. It was snowy and dark outside and we were NOT going to take her. She sat there, scowling and said, "I'm not an ugly, old...bitch...yet." I laughed to myself and wanted to say, "You were an ugly, old bitch seventy years ago!" But I held back. It's times like that that I wish my dad were still alive because we would have gotten a big laugh about that one together. He probably would have said something to her about that.

On Saturday, Roberto had to work from 6am until 2pm. When he got home, we went shopping for a present for Brett's birthday. We tried a new buffet they have in Provo. It was pretty good. It reminded us of a place we used to go to in West Valley when we were dating. We were completely stuffed.

Lately, I am jumping on a mini trampoline for an hour every day. Wow! I can feel it. I run in place on the tramp to music on my ipod. I love doing it and it's a killer work out. I can feel all my fat jiggle as I jump. I'm hoping that pretty soon, that fat won't be there to jiggle anymore. haha

On Wednesday, Roberto and I are going to CA for a business trip for me. We are excited. Even though the first two days will be full of meetings for me and then dinner things as well, we have Saturday and Sunday to ourselves. We will go to Disneyland and Roberto wants to see "the sea". He doesn't call it the beach or the ocean. To him, it's the sea. That is so cute. So we are going to try to go to "the sea" on Sunday. I miss the ocean. I love the sound of the waves and I love the sound of sea gulls screaming overhead. Even though we can't swim, we can walk along the water and let it lap at our feet and we can dig for sand crabs. I'm going to keep some sand to bring home.

No comments: