Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Grrrr.....

My boss is an ass. I came in work today and had a phone message waiting for me. It was regarding an order we are processing for the county of Pierce in Washington State. It has been a pain in the butt since we first started on it. I was doing three different things yesterday and forgot to reference a number on our purchase order. Plus, some of the pricing was wrong. I admit I made a mistake. I told my boss and he immediately tore into me. Then he said, "...and you go home and complain to Roberto that I am hard on you..." I ignored that because I didn't want to say something and get fired. Because if I had said what I wanted to say, I would have been fired. Not only that, it would have contained a lot of profanity.

Now, if I go home and tell Roberto what he said, Roberto will want to come in and slam him against the wall. Roberto already held him around the neck when we were out in California. It was a subtle man's way of saying, "Watch it." Rick got the message.

When Heather came in, he was still snippy. She went in with her tight shirt and flirted him out of the snippiness. Then he told us he wanted to go for re-fills. Lately he has taken us to this gas station for re-fills. Heather and I used to walk to the cafeteria and get them. Since Mesha left, Rick has started going with us to the gas station. He pays, which is nice. But it's almost like when I go, I'm saying his treatment of me is okay. During the trip, we also went by some apartments in Provo to check them out because he is going to try and do wireless for them for a company we work with. Everytime I opened my mouth to say anything, he shot down what I was saying. He'll say, "Yeah, yeah..." and then either disagree with me or mock what I'm saying. He doesn't do this to Heather. Everything she says is cool. He agrees with everything she says.

If I kept a notebook of the sexual things he says on a daily basis, I would never have to work again. I could sue Novacoast for harassment a million times over. But since I don't stand up to him at the time, it would never fly in court. Not only that, I don't want to go through all that crap. I've done that before and it's not worth it.

So I shut up and stop talking. When that happens, Heather knows what is going on. She tries to cheer me up. Rick is oblivious. He continues to mock me. As we were walking toward the building, he was walking in my footsteps in the snow and mocking the way I walk. If I could be allowed to speak my mind for one moment, I would turn on the asshole and slug him right in his gut. I would kick him right in the crotch and then shove him into the snow.

I know why he does it. He's like some stupid high school boy who has a crush on you, but can't express it in a normal way. Sometimes I just sit here and fume and dream of finding another job. But the market is so bad and we can't afford for me to not work until I find another job. So I can't just tell him to shove it. I would like to, but I can't. When I do quit, I will just up and quit. No notice. Nothing. I'll have another job and I'll leave Rick high and dry.

No comments: