So last night little Zoe was hurt pretty seriously. We could have lost her bright little person. I adore Zoe. I never thought I could love a child that wasn't from my own flesh and blood, but I do. She is such a little dollie. Don't get me wrong, she can also be a little pistol and she has a HUGE temper. But I adore this little girl and I have been worried about her all day. I'm so grateful that she was spared from such a horrific accident.
To add to the sadness today, I saw a miscarried fetus. It was about four inches long and fully formed. It made me so sad.I can't imagine going through a miscarriage and finding that in your toilet. The lady brought it into the clinic to see if we wanted to run tests on it to see why she might have miscarried. All of us women were looking at it and just moaning. We are all mothers and we felt it deeply that this little baby didn't survive. It broke my heart.
So today I am grateful that I have never had to go through that trauma. I am grateful that all my children have been safely delivered and I am a mom. I am grateful that Zoe was spared and we still have that feisty little spirit with us. It would have broken me to have lost her. I am just very grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment