I love Fridays, especially when I don't have to work or am on call.
Today I took Brett to see Sue, our Nurse Practitioner. She is awesome. She gave Brett a physical, spoke to him about a huge support group in SLC for gays and lesbians, and then she talked about being safe. I am taking Emeli to the Saturday clinic tomorrow because she has a sore throat, a low grade temp, body aches, nausea and a headache...all strep throat symptoms. Strep throat is running like gangbusters around here. I am so glad they have insurance with Fred. I was able to bring home the Gardisil shots for both Brett and Emeli AND able to give Emeli her booster for her chicken pox vaccine. That's a huge blessing. I have been wanting Brett to talk with Sue. She is a huge supporter of gay rights, women's rights and she is the one in charge of our Code R team. She is very knowledgeable about all those issues and is very active in community programs. She is hilarious when she starts talking about sex. She says if you give her one hour with kids in high school, none of them will want to have sex for a long time.
Robby has literally been working like a slave. He keeps telling me it is so that we can have a great vacation in WA for the wedding. I hope so. I hope he is alive to enjoy it because he is literally killing himself working so much.
Yesterday this 65 year old male patient was trying to get me to eat a Mexican treat he had. He had a bunch in his pockets. In a very oily Mexican accent, he said, "You need to try this. It is so good!" I told him no because I am trying to cut my sugars because I am on a diet. He kept pushing. I said no again. He finally pushed me and enough that I said yes so he would just shut up. As I was leaving the exam room, he said, with a nasty, greasy gleam in his eyes, "Oh, you are a woman! First the woman says 'no', then she says 'no' again, then she says, 'Yes'". I went out of the room and told the women in our office. They all made gagging sounds. Linda told me that this guy is such a creep that he was in jail for beating his 90 year old mother. Wow.
We are going to Logan tomorrow to see Zoe and little Liam. I'm very excited.
No comments:
Post a Comment