I am very happy to have the kids home again. It's always nice when it's just Robby and I, but after not seeing Brett for a month, I really was glad to pick him up at the airport and see him again.
Brett arrived home on Thursday night and Emeli arrived on Friday. I had been planning to make bobotti and show off a new South African dinner I had learned to make. I finally made it on Saturday afternoon. The kids liked it a lot.
On Saturday, we took Emeli and her friend, Bella, to the Oquirrh temple open house. That was really nice. I like the Draper temple better, though. Robby and I both thought the Oquirrh temple looked a lot like a hotel inside. You stand in the main lobby and there are all these banisters and railings. You feel like you are in a hotel lobby. It was pretty, but not as pretty as the Draper temple.
I would like Sundays better if I didn't have to go back to work on Monday. I am starting to find some friends in the ward, so now I enjoy church more. Robby teaches Sunday school to the 14 year olds and he's really cute. He always wears black slacks and always gets chalk marks on himself. He likes to stand in front of the class. I prefer to sit when I teach. He teases the kids and tells them stories of when he was a kid in South Africa. Because he doesn't have a teaching companion (a must), I sit in his class as the second person. On Sunday, I had forgotten to bring my scriptures. One of the boys had forgotten his scriptures and had gone to the library to get a couple sets. He gave me one. Of course, Robby had to make a comment about that. He called me Mrs. Library because that's what was written on the side of the scriptures...brat. haha!!
Emeli was thrilled to go to church because it was her first day in Young Women's. They spoiled her. They gave her a little baggie of treats, a frame with her name in it. They had taken each letter in her name and had listed a trait she had. I was so impressed by that. She also got her Personal Progress book. She was so cute. She wore the outfit I had bought her for her birthday and she looked just like a little Beehive. I was so proud of her. The choir director was talking to me in Relief Society and said, "Emeli is looking so old!" I told her that the second Emeli put her make up on, I regretted letting her put make up on at twelve years old. I wanted to change the rule to sixteen. She asked me if I really did that and I said there was NO way I would be allowed to get away with that!!
Yesterday was the first day for me to go back to work with the kids home alone together. I called to check on them. Brett was down in the basement sewing. He was designing a shirt for Emeli to wear from a plaid shirt he doesn't wear anymore. When I came home, she was modeling it for me. It was really good. Brett had taken a pair of jeans he doesn't wear anymore because they have a huge hole in the butt. He turned the pants into a school bag. He was down in the basement sewing up a storm all weekend. Robby and I would play darts while he sewed and commented on our game.
When they were gone, I would get so lonely at nights when Robby was working late. I would just sit and do my needlework and play my music really loud. I probably pestered Robby with all the texts I would send him. I really missed the kids' company.
By Sunday evening, I was kind of wishing it was just Robby and I again. Brett and Emeli were goofing around in the stairwell throwing a ball at each other. Whenever they goof around, Emeli ALWAYS gets hurt!!! I was just waiting for that. We told them to take their game outside. They did. I can tell they missed each other as well.
My favorite time is when we all sit down to dinner and talk. Brett likes to say something rude to me in German that only Robby can understand and then Robby will add his little piece to it. Dorks! It's very nice to have them home. I have really missed them. I would stay late at work because there was nothing to go home to. Robby would be at work and I would just be alone. Now I have a reason to leave work again.
No comments:
Post a Comment