So today was an interesting day. It's a Wednesday, so there are only two more days to the week and then it's the weekend again. I live for the weekend!!!!
The kids and I went to Mom's for dinner tonight. When I got there, Mom had me go into Grandma's room and look at her. Not a good sight. She was on the edge of her bed, hand extended and she was talking to some imaginary person. This person was handing her something and she was taking it. She was muttering about how it was time for them to leave. We walked her to her seat and she kept saying she would NOT eat until all the people left. Then she got mad at us for eating when there were still people in the house. Okay...I DO NOT want to live to be 99 years old. Eighty-five is plenty. Even then, if I'm not in good health, I don't want to live that long!
Today at work we celebrated Lacey's birthday with chocolate cake and ice cream. I was sick afterwards. My boss piled two huge scoops of ice cream in my bowl. Then he said, "Don't worry. Roberto won't mind if you have two scoops." I said, "I mind." If I want to eat ice cream, I will eat ice cream. But I choose NOT to eat ice cream because it's so dang fattening and I do not EVER want to be as heavy as I once was. So when we went to Mom's, I only had some salad and green beans. I was still full from the stupid cake and ice cream. Tonight Robby and I will walk. He doesn't like to walk fast or far, so I always have to kind of sneak in a long walk. Plus, he insists on holding hands while we walk or putting his arm around my shoulder with me holding his hand. That does not allow me to walk fast and that's probably part of his plan...haha! It's so nice to walk with him, though. Several people in the ward have commented to me about how cute they think it is that we walk all the time. I know it helps Robby let off some steam from work. His job sucks and walking helps him get all that out of his system.
I'm glad that the kids are home and we are back to normal again. When Brett walked into the house on Sunday afternoon, he stopped in the front room, looked around and let out a huge sigh. It was cute. Emeli is glad to be away from her step-mother and step-sisters. There is a whole lot of drama in that house. Cozette likes to blame Emeli for a lot of things and Emeli allows it and will take the blame for things that aren't even her fault. I told her tonight that if it continues, I will have to talk to Cozette. I also told her that it would be much better if Emeli stuck up for herself than if I get involved. If I get involved, it might result in bloodshed. I am not afraid of Cozette and I will tell her exactly how I feel about this. I refuse to allow her to break Emeli's spirit. I will not tolerate that.
I'm tired tonight. I slept well last night, but it was late. Robby had a very hard day at work and didn't get home until 8pm. By the time we walked, he unwound on the computer, and we read scriptures, it was late. Then when the lights went out, he needed to talk about his day at work. I lay there trying to keep my eyes open, but they were burning. Occasionally, I could feel myself dropping off and he would ask if I was still awake and I would jolt awake and lie, "Yes!" At a little after midnight he could tell I was doing everything I could to stay awake. He asked me if I was tired and I said, "A little" and he knew I was lying. He said he would stop talking. I felt so bad, but I couldn't help it! He woke up tired because he had so much on his mind he couldn't get to sleep. He lays there with a million things going through his head. If I fall asleep before him, it can take him up to two or three hours to finally fall asleep. Poor guy.
Today was the first day of school for Brett and Emeli. They ride the bus together to and from school. They are out the door by 7:05am. That allows me to get to work early and get home early. I love that. I get into work at 8am and leave at 4:30pm. Perfect!!
No comments:
Post a Comment