Friday, July 3, 2009

July 3, 2009

I haven't blogged in a while. Mostly it's because life has been very stressful and when it gets stressful, I don't like to blog. I find myself just vomiting negative feelings and that's no fun for anyone to read.

Last Sunday Rachelle and her family came to visit. They stayed overnight and went to the Provo airport to the airshow on Monday. It was a nice day. We had set up a dart board in the basement. I had gotten Robby the dart board for Father's Day. He is very good at darts and always beats me! He has really good aim. I just kind of shoot from the hip. It was a relaxing visit and I enjoyed it thoroughly. While I was in the kitchen getting things ready for dinner, D'Jayden and Zoe kept climbing on the step ladder I have right by my sink. They would stand there and play in the bubbles of my dish water or just play with the tap. It reminded me of my kids. It was cute. I wished they lived closer. I would have them over to visit more often.

The last two weeks of work have been pretty busy. But I like it that way. When there is nothing to do, I go crazy. Yesterday was a pretty crazy day. It seemed like every time I turned around, there was another PO arriving in the fax. My job is to process those PO's. And of course, every PO that came had issues.

Heather and I play darts every day at work. One day we decided that whoever lost at darts would have to ask Bill about his cats. Bill is a whole other blog. Short version: Bill is fat, gross, has said some pretty creepy things to me, smells and if you get him talking about his cats, he could go on and on. I lost that game. Of course, everyone in the office thought that was hilarious, except Bill because he didn't know that he was part of the consequence. So I just casually asked him about his cats when I asked him about the phone calls he was making. I document his phone calls, so it's natural for me to ask him about his phone calls. He has a picture frame next to his monitor with a cat picture in it. I asked him about his cats and sure enough, I got way more information than I ever wanted to know. Then he picked up his frame and pulled out ALL the pictures that are behind the one picture that is showing. He changed the picture to his other cat. After that, I won about four games in a row. So Heather has had to come to work with no make up, do the robot in the cafeteria for 30 seconds, ask Rick his opinion on something (which is almost as bad as asking Bill about his cats), and flirt with Todd (a creepy Novell guy who is a perv). I have had to come to work with my hair in three pony tails, bring cookies to work and eat something off Bill's chair. That one was completely gross because there's a stain on his chair. Robby told me he would not kiss me anymore after I ate something off Bill's chair. Yesterday we played and the consequence was the person who lost has to sell lemonade to three people in the breakroom. We tied that game, so we put that consequence back in the cup to be drawn again...yikes! It is hard coming up with consequences for the loser, but it's hilarious.

I adore Heather. She is young enough to be my daughter and I feel kind of like her mother. We have a hilarious relationship. We met when I was working at Evans' Construction. It was funny when I first met her. I could tell that she is the type who doesn't open up right away. You have to earn her trust. She also thought I was a Molly. A lot of people think that of me. She soon got to know me and found out that I can be VERY irreverent. I left Evans because I couldn't handle it there. I hated that job. So did she. When I found Novacoast, I told her about it and she got hired too. So I have known her for about 1 1/2 years. She is my best friend out here. We have so many inside jokes. But I worry about her. She is a wild thing. She is married in the temple, yet she doesn't wear her garments. She has an occasional drink and I am afraid that she is having an affair. She has become pretty secretive. The mother in me recognizes that behavior. Yesterday she wore a very low cut shirt that showed a lot of cleavage. When I first saw her, I let my eyes bug out and said, "Wow!" Then I grabbed a post it note and put it in her cleavage. She laughed really hard. Later I wrote on an index card "Do not look here" and we put it in her shirt. My boss, who is a complete perv, said "Now I DEFINITELY won't look there!" He spent a lot of time talking to her in her office yesterday...

All week Emeli has been at girls' camp. She was so nervous all last weekend. She was convinced she would be homesick and want to come home. I kept telling her that she would have so much fun she would forget that she had a mother. I dropped her off on Monday morning and all day Monday I worried about her. Our home teacher went up on Tuesday to stay for the day. I called him on Wednesday to see if I needed to get a note to Emeli. Sometimes they collect letters from the moms and give them to the girls the last night at camp. I thought how terrible it would be if Emeli was the only girl there without a note. He told me she had seen him and told him to tell me that she was doing well. That reassured me. I could breath easier. I had been really worried that she would feel left out or lonely or homesick. She comes home today at 11am and I'm looking forward to spending some time with her. She has been at her dad's for two weeks and then went to girls' camp, so I haven't really seen a lot of her for the last three weeks. I miss her.

No comments: