Saturday, March 21, 2009

Saturday March 21

On Monday afternoon, Roberto's boss called him up and left a message on his voice mail letting him know that he was being laid off. Wow. What a way to tell someone. Roberto was kind of expecting it, but it still hurt. The thing that hurt the most was that they kept on five part timers who had been there less time than Roberto. That hurt. However, we have since thought it is probably a blessing in disguise. He was working a job with crappy hours. He worked every single weekend at nights and most Sundays, so he was unable to go to church. Now he can go to church again. Plus, he was not sure he wanted to work in the unit he was working in, anyways. There was a lot of political crap going on and he was not enjoying work as much. So Roberto applied for unemployment and found out he will be making more on unemployment than he was making working. What is up with that?! No wonder people stay on unemployment forever. So he is looking for jobs and is super frustrated. He hates being inactive and unemployed. It's driving him crazy. Every day I can sense him getting more and more frustrated. I don't blame him. When I was looking for a job, I felt the same. We are grateful that he has unemployment, though, because he can take his time looking for a job and not grab the first thing he can find. He will be a little picky and wait for something that has good hours (with weekends off, hopefully), good pay and benefits. We don't have insurance right now and that's kind of scary.

My job is secure. I am blessed about that. We are going to be super busy in June, July and August. We just fired someone last week. That was not very good. She was lying about her hours on her time sheets. This pay period, she stole 10 hours. She was saying she came into the office at 7am, yet when my boss got the report on when her card key went through the locked doors, it said she arrived at 8am. Wow. I don't get how people can do that. The other amazing thing is that she posted on her facebook status..."I already have an awesome interview lined up. Thank goodness for paying tithing." Yeah, whatever. Roberto told me about that and said, "Does she pay tithing on her stolen hours as well?" Whatever. I'm just amazed. So we hired a new girl, Tiffine, who started on Thursday. She is from Michigan and is not a member of the church and has been completely baffled by the whole Mormon culture. So my boss explained everything to her in a very anti-Mormon way. It really offended me, but I kept my mouth shut. I wasn't going to correct him because he would just be a complete jerk to me. Later, she said "He's so mean to you." I said, "Yes, he is. All day. Every day. But I give it back to him." She said, "If this was a playground, I would say it's because he likes you." I laughed and said, "Yeah, he is just like a fifth grader at times." Jerk.

We have the kids this weekend. That is always nice. Emeli spent the night at Alandra's house. Then they went to an Achievement Day activity. She came back with a bag of goodies, including two Hostess cupcakes. My favorite. I let Roberto have a bite of the one Emeli gave me. He didn't like it. I just said, "More for me..." We washed and vacuumed the car as a family today. It needed it so badly!! Then we took Emeli to Dairy Queen for a treat. Her grades were amazing. I am so proud of her, so we took her to DQ. What a zoo. There were only three people running the whole place. The drive thru was busy and the inside was, too. We waited for ten minutes for our food and then they got mine and Roberto's orders wrong. But I wasn't about to complain and have it take another ten minutes. As we were leaving, a guy said to me, "So you finally got your food after a ten minute wait?" I laughed and said, "Yeah, but I was supposed to get a dipped cone" and I held up my sundae. We both laughed.

Last night Roberto and I went on a fun date. We went to Burger King for dinner and then drove up the Provo Canyon and ended up at Bridal Veil Falls Park. Roberto had brought along the game Trouble. So we walked the trail until we found a nice place to lay the blanket and we played Trouble. He beat me twice and then I finally beat him. We walked along the trail enjoying the gorgeous weather. It was so nice. Then we went to a gas station to go to the bathroom. While I was in the bathroom, Roberto bought Rolo's. He ate all of them but two. Rude. We went to Target to get some ibuprofen and bought some yummy chocolate. Roberto has a terrible sweet tooth...haha!!

Next week we go up to Logan for Zoe's birthday party. The kids will be with us for that and then we drop them off at Fred's afterwards. Then we have the whole weekend together. That will be nice. I always love weekends with Roberto.

Last weekend was really nice. We slept in, which I really enjoy because I get up so early every day. We drove out to Saratoga Springs and looked around. It's really pretty out there. I had told Roberto I was going to surprise him with a date in Salt Lake City. He had to wear church clothes. I had told Rachelle about it and she had told Roberto and he said, "So Rachelle knows where we are going and I don't?" But I know he secretly liked that. We drove to Temple Square, after changing our clothes at the local Artic Circle (gross food!). I was taking him to a free concert. It was really good. It only lasted an hour, which was short and sweet. We enjoyed that a lot. Saturday was such a nice day together. We had a really good time. It really brought us closer.

No comments: