Saturday, March 7, 2009

Saturday March 7

Monday is Freddy's birthday. He will be twenty years old and I can't believe I have two children in their twenties. How did that happen?! I don't feel much older than 20, myself!

I went out to lunch with Michelle Lunt. We met at Olive Garden in American Fork. It was so nice to catch up with her. There are some friends you have that it doesn't matter how long it has been since you have seen them. The moment you see them again, it's like you never were apart and you take up right where you left off. Michelle is one of those friends. So is Karen Carpenter. Emeli wanted to come with me, but I told her that it was a girl's lunch. Emeli held up her arms and said, "Hello...I'm a girl." I said, "Oh, okay, this is a woman's lunch..."

I have so many memories of Michelle Lunt. I have known Michelle for 25 years. We met at Rick's College in my freshman, her sophomore year. We were married within a year of each other and our first two boys are the same age. We used to get together all the time when they were young. Michelle is the best friend I have ever had. We had so many good times together. I could fill an entire blog talking about the things we did together and all the things we have shared. I will always be grateful for Michelle's friendship.

So on Tuesday night, Roberto showed up for work. He had managed to find some hours at work on other units. He was there for an hour when he got a call from one of the directors. They told him they didn't need him. He was very frustrated and discouraged by that. He was supposed to work Thursday night and Friday morning. On Thursday, he found out they didn't need him for those shifts, either. Now he is looking for another job in earnest. Friday night he got a call from them and was asked if he could come in on Saturday from 7am until 9pm. We were excited because that's more hours than he was planning. So he works on Sunday as well. So he has three shifts this week and only needs to find two more, if he can. He is very discouraged by that. But then I reminded him that when I was looking for a job between working at Evans Construction and Novacoast, I was not working for two weeks. We were without a paycheck. At least we have some money coming in.

Last night Mom, Barbi and Ryan went to the temple to do more temple work for Dad and other ancestors. As Ryan was receiving the priesthood for Dad, he looked up at the man doing the ordination and noticed that his name was also Richard Arnold. Richard Arnold told Ryan he often sees things like this happen in the temple. We were comforted by this, knowing that Dad has probably accepted the gospel. This is very exciting to all of us.

No comments: