This weekend was so nice. I always enjoy a weekend alone with Roberto. I miss the kids, but it's a great time for us to have some quality time alone. We usually grow closer from it and I enjoy that.
Shari gave me an itunes gift card for $25. So Roberto has been helping me find some great songs to run on my trampoline to. He's so cute. He suggests all these old 70's rocker classics that he grew up listening to. As it's playing, he will say, "It's probably not fast enough, huh?" It was fast enough for him to risk his life driving like a madman with the song blaring from his radio, but not fast enough to run to. We found some techno and I downloaded some of that, added it to my exercise playlist and now I run to a few more fun songs. I think he was getting tired of what was on my playlist...haha!!
On Friday night, he got off work at 9pm instead of 10. Mom and I went to the movies and I got out of the movie in time to get a smoothie with Mom and then pick Roberto up from work. A friend of his from work was fixing brakes on my PT Cruiser. They sounded awful!!! We raced home from his friend's house and this time I won. I usually never win. Roberto took a longer way home than I did. It's so funny how he competes in EVERYTHING!!!
Saturday we just hung around the house and did nothing. We slept in, which was nice because lately I have been getting to work early to make up hours for my birthday. So to sleep in felt SO good!!! I made lemon poppyseed muffins and took some up to Roberto for breakfast. I had told him that all I wanted for Valentine's day was a hand written love note. He sends me love notes on email, but one in his writing would mean a lot to me. We are really tight and I knew he couldn't spend money on a big dinner or flowers, so a hand written love note was what I wanted. For him, I had made hearts and had hidden them throughout his things so he would find them all week long. That was fun. He had to work from 3-10. When he got home, he put a piece of paper on the bed. I thought that was the love note, but it was a quiz he had given to the kids at work. He had told them stuff about South Africa and then quizzed them. It was hand written. He told me the answers to the questions I didn't know. I sat thinking that maybe he had forgotten about the note. Then he turned to his backpack and pulled out another piece of paper...BRAT!!! He looked at me with a mischievous grin and it was the love note. He told me later that he had purposely given me the South Africa quiz knowing I would think it was the love note and I would be wondering if he forgot. He had teased me that he would just write me a post-it note telling me he loved me. His love note was very sweet. Earlier in the day, he had given me a ring. A few months ago, he had bought a bunch of jewelry hoping to sell it online, but he keeps giving it to me instead. I told him I am running out of fingers. It was a very pretty topaz ring that sparkles brightly. I love it.
On Sunday he had to work as well, so after he left, I baked rolls and au gratin potatoes for a dinner at Barbi's. That was nice. Her kids love my rolls and potatoes. So when I bring them, they always say, "Are these YOUR rolls or potatoes?" when I say yes, they get all excited. Funny. Grandma was her usual wenchy self. I was leaving and making a point of saying good-bye to her because she always complains to Mom later if I don't say good-bye. She turned to me and asked me if I managed to get any dinner. I told her yes, I was able to eat. She said, "Good. Because you sure did enough talking! I thought you might not have been able to eat." I turned to see Ryan grinning like an idiot...grrrr!! I said, "Yes, Grandma, I managed to eat." Ryan yelled out, "She just talked with her mouth full." BRAT!!!
Roberto called me kind of upset while he was at work. One of his ex's daughters emailed him. It was his second wife's daughter. She wanted to apologize for her behavior towards him. She and her mother aren't speaking and she has realized how terrible she and her siblings were towards him. Roberto has been trying to put that whole incident behind him and to have this girl email him again, just kind of opened everything again. It really shook him up. I came by on my way to Barbi's to give him some of my rolls, which he loves and to give him a hug. He held tightly to me. When he got home last night, he was still kind of shaky. I fed him some macaroni and held him tightly. He's doing better now.
Today I tackled the basement. It has been a pit since we moved in. I just dumped everything where I could, hoping for the energy to organize it later. Today was the day. It looks like a whole different place. It took me 2 1/2 hours, but it's done. Now I know where everything is. I used to just go down there and dig through boxes to find stuff, but now I know where it all is and just have to go through drawers and organize those. That should be a lot easier work. Whew! What a job that was!!!
Tomorrow starts another week of work with possible drama. Rick is firing at least two people in our office. It's going to be bad, I can feel it. I'm not looking forward to that at all. I'm just glad it's not me. According to him, I do a great job and am secure. Whew!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment