Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Birthday...

I haven't blogged for a while, so I guess there is quite a bit to catch up on.

On Thursday, I turned 45 years old. Not too happy about that age. But I am happier and healthier than I have been in years. So I can be grateful for that.

We went to the Draper Temple open house and met Rachelle and her family there. That temple is huge and gorgeous. The kids were so good and so quiet. I was really impressed. Afterwards, we went to IKEA and looked around. We had lunch in their cafeteria. The day before, Rachelle and I had been joking on facebook that for my birthday, she would give me one of her meatballs from her lunch. So while we were eating, she took one of the meatballs off her plate that had a toothpick in it with the little tassles on it and gave it to me. We laughed about that. Roberto just kind of chuckles and shakes his head. I am wanting to get back into painting furniture, but this time selling it on etsy.com, so we were looking at possible painting projects for me. After IKEA, we met back up at our house in Springville. They beat us there and had time to chat with the kids before we arrived. Rachelle was laughing about how I want to paint everything. The kids laughingly told her that she should have seen our old house with the red, gold, and chalk board walls. I love color.

That morning, Roberto surprised me with an amethyst ring. It was very pretty. I love amethysts. He knows that, so he goes on his jewelry site and buys me amethysts. He likes tanzanites, so he also buys me those. I have never had more jewelry in my life. I am truly spoiled.

Over the weekend, I got a ton done. On Sunday, while Brett and Emeli played Monopoly, I cut out hearts. I also created a little Valentine wall upstairs. During the week, we are supposed to write things we love about each other on hearts and put them under each other's names. It's been cute to see what we write. I also cut out a bunch of hearts and wrote things I love about Roberto on them. Then I hid them all around. All week long, he will find these hearts stashed in different places and know what I love about him. Last night he found one and was so cute. He was looking for more of them. He looked like a little boy looking for Easter eggs. There are still about 5 more for him to find. I might hide some more, too, just so it lasts all week. He's so dang cute.

I have had a bladder infection and it's painful. Last night when I was running, it was all I could do to stay on the trampoline. We don't have insurance, nor do we have any money for me to go to the doctor, so I am enduring this until we have the funds. Friday morning I lay in bed feeling sorry for myself and Roberto held me. I bought cranberry juice and have been drinking that like crazy, but it's not going away. I am going to need antibiotics.

I sent out valentines to the boys. It's this time of year that I miss them. I used to make a huge dinner for the family and give everyone a valentine. I will miss that this year because the kids will be with their dad and Roberto has to work Saturday night AND Sunday night. But we both have Monday off, so maybe I can postpone our dinner until Monday night.

No comments: