Sunday, May 29, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

This last week has been a L O N G week!! I went to school on Monday, received 8 shots in order to pass off all my shots. Then I helped out at the Murdock's. Working at the Murdock's is THE most monotonous job. You open the door to the plastic machine, pull the plastic thingee out, spray the machine, cut off the plastic parts that don't belong and then do it all over again! I did it for a few hours on Monday, several hours on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Because it is a repetitious movement, my right arm throbs when I am done. The last time I worked there, I got Tennis Elbow. Now when I work there, it flairs up again and I have to wear my brace. I listen to my iPod or else I would go insane!

So we got another ferret on Thursday night. He is a cute little guy. He looks just like Ollie except that he is much bigger. Ollie is full grown, but must have been the runt of the litter or else this little guy was the biggest in the litter. He has a little ruff around his head that makes him look like a bear, so we have named him Teddy. So we have Ollie and Teddy. The first night when they met, it was hilarious. They were leaping around like long-lost brothers. They were sniffing each other's bums and making this little grunting noise to each other. They snuggle at night, eat at the same time and play all the time. Because they play so hard together, they sleep really hard too. It is a huge advantage to have two ferrets instead of just one. They get into a lot less mischief that way. One gross thing: Ollie loves the sound of plastic wrappers. The other day, he was getting into my tampons in the bathroom. He found one of the used dispensers left in the wrapper in my trash. When I went to get Teddy from under the couch, there was my tampon dispenser just sitting there with the wrapper on the other side under the couch. I felt a little violated...

We have had to find 12 living signs for this weekend and that is a HUGE pain in the butt. For one thing, most people who respond to living sign ads are not the highest functioning people on the planet. It seems they always like to bail on us late the night before the event or the morning of the event when it's really hard to find people last minute. That pisses us off more than anything. It especially pisses ME off because I usually have to hold a sign...I HATE holding signs. I would rather work at the Murdock's for 10 hours straight.

I start my externship tomorrow and I am pretty nervous. I will probably be shaking tomorrow when I pull up to the clinic. I hope they are nice.

Now Emeli and I are listening with baited breath to KEXP.org to hear Taylor propose to Emma. Taylor called me SO nervous last night. Every time there is a break in the band playing, I get all nervous for him, too. Emeli and I listening, Robby is in the other room and has said, "Call me the second Taylor starts to talk!" Emeli is a total spaz! She keeps saying, "Ten more minutes...", "Six more minutes..."

No comments: